Thursday, March 7, 2013

What We Did Today

We did lesson 2 in MEP R.  Will drew a picture of our family and we talked about how many grown ups or adults are in it, how many children, how many people are in it, and he showed me who was in the picture and we talked about who was next to who.

Then we counted items on page using knocking, clapping, and showing fingers to show how many of each item and he colored in certain items according to the instructions I read him

It was a really light day read aloud wise. 

We read

The Little Red Hen
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Several nursery rhymes
Goodnight Moon

Need to do better than that tomorrow! 

We also started Before Five In A Row with Goodnight Moon and talked about the two framed pictures.  He knew Hey Diddle Diddle right away and recited it for me.  He knew the three bears in chairs represented Goldilocks, but couldn't tell me anything about the story.  We read it and then we talked about the story and I had him re tell me parts of it or answer questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment