Friday, March 8, 2013

Today

We did  Lesson 3, Activity 1 in MEP R.  Will was frustrated with the sticks and had to think things out.  I think we'll do something a little different tomorrow and come back to it again in a day or two.  He was thinking and problem solving, but he got frustrated with trying to figure the last picture and got upset.

We read Goodnight Moon again, since we're doing Before Five In A Row we'll be reading it for 5 days.  Sarah has fallen in love with it and grabs it, waves it in my face, and climbs up in my lap to be read to, so I'll probably be reading it a bunch.

We talked about Genesis 2 and how God created the sun and moon.  He watched a Zula Patrol I had coincidentally picked up from the library and it was focuses on space and moons.  He now knows that moonlight comes from the sun. We talked about that too.

We talked about what letter 'moon' starts with and what sound it starts with.  He traced a letter 'M' several times with a printable I found and his Crayola Dry Erase Lapboard.  That thing has been worth every penny I paid for it and then some!

We went over the illustrations-the room getting darker and the moon getting higher in the window too. 

He can fully recite Hey Diddle Diddle, Georgie Porgie, and The Little Girl With the Girl. 

I had him paint templates of the moon in different phases.  He supposed to just paint the templates, but he ended up painting the whole sheet because he liked the way it looked. :)

Both kids had a popcorn snack before lunch and we read

The Huckabuck Family
The Popcorn Dragon

and we tried to read Jack and the Beanstalk, but the illustrations scared him so we stopped.

I have a video on moon phases we might watch later.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHlMReTpJXw

No comments:

Post a Comment